MOTEC ECU's and their Dashlogger are very popular in a lot of Car-Racing Series Worldwide , does'nt matter if WTC , DTM , WRC ... etc. But meanwhile more and more international Motorcycle Racing Teams use MOTEC ECU's in AMA or WSBK and even Privatiers are fascinated by the features of those fully programable ECU's , aswell as by the
Logging- and Display Facilitys which the ADL2, EDL2 and SDL provides.
Note : those ECU's do NOT come with a specific program for your Bike , so the tables for Ignition, Injection, Sensors etc. you have to program yourself.
YOU HAVE TO BE EXPERIENCED to program the ECU.
YOU HAVE TO BE EXPERIENCED to build a wire-harness .
YOU SHOULD DO the Finetuning on a Dyno, after you've got done the initial programing.
The MOTEC M4 to M880 ARE NOT a Powercommander - they fully replace your OEM ECU !
I do use the Motec Products since 2002 , and I am convinced , that if you want to have the Maximum for your Bike, Motec is the right way to go.
Their ECUs include individual Adjustment opportunities ( to mention a few Functions here only ):
- Lambda Control and Logging
- Traction Control
- Launch Control
A raw Application guide/Recommendations , id use :
- M4, for 2Cylinder Bikes ( 1 or 2 Injectors per Cylinders ) for Engine Management and Logging of Lambda.
- M400, for 2Cylinder Bikes ( 1 or 2 Injectors per Cylinders ) for Engine Management and Logging of Lambda + sophisticated Functions such as Traction- and Launch-Control.
- M800, for 4 Cylinder Bikes ( 1 or 2 Injectors per Cylinders ) for Engine Management and Logging of Lambda + sophisticated Functions such as Traction- and Launch-Control.
- M880, for 4 Cylinder Bikes ( 1 or 2 Injectors per Cylinders ) for Engine Management and Logging of Lambda and Suspension + sophisticated Functions such as Traction- and Launch-Control.
THE SOFTWARE :
Motec ECU Manager
To give yourself a raw overview about the Functions which those ECU's offer,you can download the Software for free from Motec.
You can download the current release Software here:
Motec Interpreter and I2 and I2pro.
This Program allows you to go for deep professional Analysis of your logged Data .
Also downloadable for free here :
Motec Dash Manager:
The Dash Manager allows you the individual programing of the Display, Logging, and Settings of In- and Outputs of the ADL2, EDL2 and SDL . You can download the Motec Dash Manager for free here:
Some Screenshots ( you can download the Software for free : www.motec.com.au )
Fuel adjustments :
A Demonstration of the Flexibility of Fuel-Adjustments you can see below . Not every possible table we have filled , to make the CBR going , but i.E. IF you feel a need to change the Engine throttle response .... sharper or softer maybe , you can change it.
Ignition Adjustments :